Friday, March 9, 2012

March 9, 2012- Chain Tag

Start with one person as "it".  When that person tags another students, they must hold hands.  Those two have created a chain.  The chain then chases around the other students.  As students keep getting tagged, they join the chain.  Stop the game after a few minutes or after most students are tagged.  Safety is very important in this game.  Tell the students if they need to let go that is ok, as long as they form the chain again before they start moving.


AGES: 2nd grade and up

MODIFICATIONS: have students skip or jump (or any other locomotor movement) instead of running to make it safer.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for suggesting your PE blogspot. I also enjoy getting new ideas by seeing what other teachers are doing. I'll be checking back often.
    Gwyn Shepard
    Harpeth Valley Physical Ed.
    Nashville TN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm back!! Sorry I took some time off, but I'm back at it!

      Delete